Byon January 2, 2017
By Nthabiseng Makhokha
- Wear sunscreen every single day, YES, every single day. With the harsh climate we have, sunscreen is a must-have to protect our skin. Meaning, less breakouts, minimal sun damage, less dehydrated skin and no premature ageing.
- Drink enough water daily, at least 2 litres a day. It’s easier said than done for some of us right? But it will be worth it. Water hydrates the body and when the body is hydrated then the skin is too. Not to mention that water flushes out most unwanted toxins from our bodies.
- Wash and moisturise your skin in the morning and before you go to bed, even if you are not a regular makeup wearer. You sweat at night and your skin regenerates, so you have to remove all that activity in the morning. Sleeping without cleaning your face means all the pollution, sweat and oil/makeup go to sleep with you, clogging your pores and causing problems.
- Don’t touch your face unnecessarily; your hands come in contact with so many things, meaning germs are likely to be having a field day there. Not touching your face means you stop transferring germs from your hands to your face.
- Use a clean pillow case. Whatever is on your face goes on to your pillow, what is on your hair too stays on your pillow. And what is on your pillow case goes back onto your face. This cycle uninterrupted means chaos on your skin.