Byon November 13, 2014
Whether you are an Orlando Pirates, Manchester fan or just a football fanatic, Ellis Park, Johannesburg will be the place to be on Saturday, 15th of November 2014. For a once-off match, football legends from both Pirates and Manchester will be going head to head at the tribute match.
Other players expected to return to the field include, Paul Scholes, Lee Sharpe, Louis Saha, Quentin Fortune and Dwight Yorke from Manchester. Locally, fans can expect to see legends like Marc Batchelor, Steve Lekoelea, Helman Mkhalele and Jerry Sikhosana who will be playing for Pirates.
“We’re looking forward to taking on the legends. It’ll make for great football,” says Nkosana Khoza. “We will offer our fans the chance to see some of the beautiful game’s most legendary names in action.”
Mark Fish who was said to play will no longer be part of the starting eleven after suffering a minor heart attack over the weekend.
Manchester: Viv Anderson, Jesper Blomquist, Ronnie Jonson, Raimond van der Gouw, David May, Lee Martin, Clayton Blackmore, Keith Gillespie, Russell Beardmore and Ben Thornley.
Orlando Pirates: Williams Okpara, Edward Motale, Teboho Moloi, Bashin Mahlangu, Innocent Chikoya, Ronnie Zondi, Gavin Lane, Phiri Tsotetsi, Naughty Mokoena, Bruce Ramokadi, Josep NgakeAndries Sebola and Eugene Zwane.
We are giving away 30 double tickets to the Manchester VS Orlando Pirates match and you stand a chance to be one of the lucky winners.
Simply fill in the form below:
- This competition closes on 14 November 2014.
- Winners will be automatically selected.
- The selection of the winners are final. Contestants must be willing to have their names and photographs published.
- The winners will be notified. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Staff (and their families) of Media24, Megaprom and the sponsors may not enter.
- By entering this competition, you give your full consent to Media24 and Megaprom to occasionally send you promotional and marketing material via SMS or e-mail. Media24, Megaprom and the sponsors do not accept responsibility for any damage that may result from taking part in the competition.