Byon June 14, 2016
More people are starting to embrace their natural hair, and there is a long-standing myth that ethnic hair takes more time to grow; this is not true. Natural hair requires commitment and healthy practices.
Here are some possible solutions to keeping your natural strong and healthy
- Knowing your hair type can help you choose the correct hair shampoo, conditioner and treatment products.
- Try to avoid harsh detergents, bleaching for too long and harsh ingredients.
- The build up hair care products can sometimes dry hair out and cause dandruff. Wash hair once a week; every other week.
- Always use conditioner every time you wash you hair.
- Using a hot oil treatment twice a month helps in adding moisture and elasticity to the hair.
- When combing, comb your hair when it is wet, or damp.
- Use a wide-toothed comb and comb from the ends to the roots.
- Avoid putting too much stress on your hair; after patting it dry, let it air dry. Tight ponytail and pulling may damage the hair.
- When straightening your natural hair, avoid making the ceramic comb or hot iron too hot and only iron hair once a week to avoid hair breakage.
A photo posted by nandi mngoma (@nandimngoma) on